Author: Dora M. Kalff
Editor: Barbara A. Turner, PhD
This seminal text offers clinicians and students a foundational account of the workings and practice of Sandplay. Through simple but elegant narratives of actual casework, Kalff articulates her theoretical understanding of how Sandplay therapy heals and transforms the psyche.
Dr. Martin Kalff, the author’s son, provides an introduction in which he shares original historical material about his mother and her development of the Sandplay therapy method. A comprehensive index and tables of illustrations and references are included for ease of study and understanding.
Dora M. Kalff was the founder of Sandplay therapy and was an internationally recognized Jungian therapist.
Book Type: Paper
ISBN: 0972851704 / 978-0-9728517-0-1
B&W Photos: 75
Publisher: 2003 Temenos Press®
Table of Contents
- Foreword by Dr. Martin Kalff
- Chapter 1 Sandplay: A Pathway to the Psyche
- Chapter 2 Christoph: Anxiety, 9-Year-Old Boy
- Chapter 3 Kim: Learning Problems, 12-Year-Old Boy
- Chapter 4 Daniela: Passivity, 12-Year-Old Girl
- Chapter 5 Christian: Enuresis, 12-Year-Old Boy
- Chapter 6 James: Early Trauma, 16-Year-Old Boy
- Chapter 7 Dede: Speech Block, 5-Year-Old Boy
- Chapter 8 Marina: Isolation, 9-Year-Old Girl
- Chapter 9 Ursula: Depression, 23-Year-Old Woman
- Chapter 10 Eric: Exile, 25-Year-Old Man
- Table of Illustrations
- Table of Works Cited